Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kitty








My first wedding cake.
It was a challenging task but I'm very pleased with the end result. The cakes are; Hazelnut cake filled with creamy chocolate ganache, Vanilla & Mocha cake (aka Lapis Surabaya), and Orange buttercake.
All the decorations are handmade by me. The bride and groom figurines are the most challenging part of this cake with the body parts falling off and breaking all the time due to the wet and humid weather we've been having lately, but it worked out in the end and looks pretty cute in my opinion :) The bride requested for the figurines to be holding microphones because they LOVE singing karaoke. I also incorporated the pattern on her wedding dress on the figurine and piped the design on the cake. I hope she was wearing a pearl necklace on the day because I gave her figurine a little pearl necklace (didn't really show on the photo) and piped pearls on the cakes

No comments: